God-realisation and Pig Life


Once, Bhagavan Sri Krishna and His devotee Uddhava were engaged in a conversation .

Uddhava asked Sri Krishna, " O Bhagavan , why don't you bestow God-realisation upon all ? " .

Sri Krishna replied, " Dear Uddhava, only very few people wish to attain that state . One who has a real thirst for it and real dispassion will surely attain it . Most beings like to remain on the worldly level, enjoying worldly pleasures . The bliss of attaining God doesn't seem to attract them much . If you don't believe this, you can ask the different creatures yourself . I am giving you the power to communicate with any creature " .

Uddhava started on his journey . Soon, he saw a family of pigs rolling around in a filthy pit . He asked the head pig, " Are you ready to come to God's world ?"

" God's world? Is there food there as tasty as here ? It's such a joy here. I have a beautiful wife and ten smart children . My children will soon become parents . Our family is growing . I don't want to leave them . I'm not going anywhere " replied the pig .

Uddhava tried to reason with the pig. " In God's world, you can enjoy the Nectar of Bliss " .

But the pig retorted angrily, " I told you I am not going anywhere. I am totally happy here " .

Uddhava realised that what Bhagavan Krishna said was true .

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment