Rukmini-devi's prayer to Sri Krishna

 Devi requests Bhagavan to marry Her

Krishna, You are the most attractive person in the whole universe, and having listened to Your glories which enter one's thoughts through the ears and destroys all woes of the body and mind . Oh Achyutha, my shameless mind dwells incapable of being wrenched away upon Your beautiful form which is the ultimate thing for anyone to set his eyes upon and bestows on all eternal fortune.

Oh Mukunda, which girl , who has some strength of mind, who is born of high family , and in at least some way comparable to You in upbringing, character beauty, education ,age, wealth and status would not simply woo You by mind. You who looks like a lion in human form (You were once Narasaimha) and who are simply enchanting to the minds of all the living beings in this world.

Therefore, You please accept me who has by my own will accepted You as my husband in mind and has simply placed my body and soul at Your lotus feet, as You are the granter of all boons. Now I belong to You. Don't permit the king of Chedi country the Sisupala to take possession of me. It will be like a wily jackal stealing away the royal food earmarked for the consumption of the Lion.

If it a fact that You the Lord of the Universe have been worshipped by me with full devotion through good deeds like digging of ponds and lakes, offering to fire, through gifts to deserving people, through pilgrimages, through offerings to Brahmins on auspicious occasions, through worship of Brahmins, Gods and preceptors, then You must immediately reach here and accept me through accepting my hands. My hands should not be dirtied by an evil fellow like sisupala.

You Krishna the unconquerable ! You please come over to Vidharabha tomorrow itself without noticed by anyone. You must annihilate or defeat the Sisupala and his retinue with Your own valour and marry me through the Rakshasa method as a prize for Your valour.

If You are wondering how You can enter the palace at vidarbha and accept me without causing damage to the live of my relatives, I shall inform You the right way. On the eve of the marriage day there is a big procession to the devi temple . Accompanying that procession the bride will be going to the Parvati temple for worship.

My Krishna , Gods like the husband of Uma are eagerly awaiting to bathe themselves in dust of Your feet so that their own weaknesses will be removed. If it is my fate that I am not fortunate to get the protection from such great Krishna, I will kill myself through severely austerities in this life and will be born in hundreds of lives till I attain Your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment