The Shield of the Holy Name (Maha Mantra)

"If you don't chant your sixteen rounds, it's like you've left the door open to your place. So when it's your turn for Maya to attack, when it's your turn to get bombarded by the modes of material nature, if you haven't closed your door properly, Maya will just walk right in and you'll be finished. And if you do chant your sixteen rounds, you have that protection, you have that shield. It's like you locked your door against Maya. So when it's your turn to get hit up by Maya, she'll say, ‘Forget this one; it's too much trouble,' and she'll move on to somebody weaker."

That made me chant all my rounds all these years. That lecture made me realize how important chanting sixteen rounds is. You have that shield that wards off Maya.

Breakdown Of The Maha Mantra

  • O Krsna! Please attract my mind by pulling it to You.
  • O Hari! Please capture my mind by Your unsurpassed sweetness.
  • O Krsna! Please purify my mind with knowledge about devotional service given to me by Your own devotee.
  • O Krsna! Please make me able to relish Your transcendental name, form, qualities, pastimes, etc.
  • O Krsna! Please make me able to relish Your transcendental name, form, qualities, pastimes, etc.
  • O Hari! Please make me fit to serve You.
  • O Hari! Please make me able to relish Your transcendental name, form, qualities, pastimes, etc.
  • O Hari! Please direct me to do some particular service for You.
  • O Rama! Let me hear about Your most cherished pastimes in the company of Your dearest devotee.
  • O Hara (Radha)! Please reveal to me Your most cherished pastimes with Your beloved Sri Krsna.
  • O Rama! Please reveal to me Your most cherished pastimes with Your beloved Sri Radha.
  • O Rama! Please engage me in remembering Your transcendental name, form, qualities, pastimes, etc.
  • O Rama! Please make me fit to serve You while remembering Your transcendental name, form, qualities, pastimes, etc.
  • O Hari! Having accepted me as one of Your own servitors, please enjoy me as You please.
  • O Hari! Please enjoy with me in Your transcendental way.

At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated over millions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though our original pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, due to our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm of temporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chanting the holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thus relish the sweetest happiness at every minute.
Chant:
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

No comments:

Post a Comment