Wherever My devotees sing My name, I am there

On one occasion Narada went to the Lord. In the course of their conversation, Lord Narayana asked Narada, "You are moving around all the three worlds, what news have you brought for Me from your wanderings? Have you seen anything new in creation?"
"What is greater than yourself in creation", replied Narada.
" I am asking about My creation and not about Myself", said Lord Narayana.
Narada replied, "I do not understand the question."
"There are five elements, the Pancha Bhutas. Which is the greatest among them? " Lord Narayana asked.
Narada said, "The earth is the biggest."
Lord Narayana said, "In the earth three fourths are occupied by water."
Narada agreed that water is greater than the earth. But Lord Narayana observed, "All oceans were drunk by the sage Agasthya in one gulp. Therefore who is greater, water or Agasthya? " Narada agreed that Agasthya was greater. But Lord Narayana again observed that "Agasthya is remaining as a star in the sky. In the vast firmament, Agasthya is merely twinkling like a small star; is not the firmament greater than the star?" Narada agreed that firmament is greater than Agasthya. Again Lord Narayana said, "In My Avatar as Vamana I covered the entire earth and sky with one foot of Mine. So is the firmament greater or My foot? Then Narada said, "Your foot". "If My foot itself is so great, am I not greater than My foot? ", Lord Narayana asked. Narada agreed.
Then Lord Narayana said, "Although I am great, I am confined in the heart of My devotees. So the devotees are greater than Myself. Therefore, wherever My devotees sing My name, I am there."

No comments:

Post a Comment