Questions & Answers on Krishna-Bhakti .

Question – 1
Why some people are preaching about Krishna , voluntarily ?. God is available to everyone . So, what is the need of preaching ?.

Answer
Krishna- devotee is concerned to enlighten people in general by teaching them to engage in the devotional service to Lord Sri Krishna . This is his kindness . The Devotee knows that those who do not take to devotional will remain suffering due to `Maya' (illusion) . Therefore, he , preaches, "Become Krishna-Devotee . Do not remain asleep in the clutches of `Maya' or illusion . Human life is meant for God-realization." This is the mission of a Krishna-devotee. He wants to save everyone from their suffering condition. He is not content to merely be saved himself. No. He wants to save all others .

While engaged in spreading Krishna-bhakti , he faces many opposing elements . Therefore he has to be very tolerant . Sometimes he is very much mistreated, because the conditioned souls are generally not prepared to receive spiritual knowledge. In fact, they can't stand it . This is their diseased condition . The Devotee accepts the thankless task of trying to awaken them and sometimes must face even violence for his humble effort to do the highest good for all others . Jesus Christ was crucified and Haridas Thakur was severely beaten in twenty-two marketplaces because they tried to awaken the dormant love of God in the hearts of the conditioned souls .

Because the devotee so selflessly executes the mission of Lord Sri Krishna by trying to spread Krishna-bhakti all over the world, he is very, very dear to Lord . If we can follow in the advices of such Krishna-Devotees our perfection will be assured .

Question – 2
Is Okay to Enjoy the Good Things in Life ?...

In the last couple of days, Krishna has drawn me more closer to Him and He is showering His merciful blessings on me so that I am trying to realize the purpose of this birth and am trying to awaken the dormant Krishna-bhakti in me .

Last couple of days, I have been completely absorbed in thinking about Krishna, listening to Krishna kirtans , reading Bhagavad-Gita , apart from my professional work time. Last two days even after returning home, I have not seen TV neither have I listened to radio. I perform `arati' in my puja room and then again immerse myself in reading Bhagavad-Gita .

Today a thought aroused in me while I was reading the Bhagavad-Gita . There are so many good things in this world like good soul-stirring music, good and informative television programs and other magazines, good scenic sights, good vegetarian food etc . Is it that I should not even enjoy these good things and refrain from everything and direct all our energies towards Krishna or is it that I should be away from evil deeds and be a good devotee of Krishna ?

If I am not supposed to do anything else except always be thinking and praying to Krishna, why has Krishna created so many things for the living entity to experience and enjoy ? Why has Krishna allowed me to go away from Him and not made me on the right path, the path of Krishna-bhakti always ? Why has Krishna placed me at a certain economic level so that I have to work and not focus 24 hours on Krishna ? I have read in the Bhagavad-Gita that Krishna wants all His living entities to make devotion to Him and that He is very much pleased if a devotee pleases His senses rather than one's own senses . If this being the case why is Krishna testing the living entities ? Why can't He make us please Him directly ? He is the most merciful, ever attractive, all opulent and controller of all senses .

No comments:

Post a Comment