Don't become so busy with self-created material duties

Once, a businessman called his servant for an important work. He said," I need to get this cheque cashed before 2 PM, so that I could finalize the deal in a meeting which starts at 2 PM. The servant replied," Sir, this work would not take much time. As it is 10 Am now, I hope I would be back with money by midday". The servant immediately left after getting the nod of the master.

Time passed quickly. Master was waiting for the servant to come back. At 12:00 he got a bit anxious. At 1:00 PM, he was much worried. At 1:30 he was really panicking. Finally at 1:45 PM, the servant came back. The master was furious, where you have been??

The servant begged forgiveness from the master and replied," Sir, as I came out of the house, I saw your mother carrying empty bags to buy the vegetables. Looking at her old age, I couldn't stop myself offering her a helping hand in doing her veggie shopping. So I walked to veggie market with her and after 2 hrs we came back with few bags full of veggies. As I was putting the vegetables in the Kitchen, I found your elder brother coughing badly."

Master interrupted, "But where is the money I asked you to bring?"

Servant replied," That's what I am explaining sir. Your brother called me and told that he urgently needs a medicine. I took the prescription and money and started for the market again. Suddenly it came to my mind that my son is also sick and need some medicine. So, first I went to my home, picked the prescription slip and then went to the market and bought the medicine.

There it came to my mind that I need to pick my cloths from the tailor which were lying with him for few days. I finished all these chores and came back home. As I checked time I found it's already 1:30. I couldn't finish the work assigned by you. I quickly came here to inform you the same."

Master really got angry. He said," I could have forgiven you for some genuine reason but for no reason you have spoiled my business deal! You are fired!!

Similarly don't become so busy with self-created material duties that neglect our God-given spiritual duty, else we will be fired out of the human form of life back into the animal species.

No comments:

Post a Comment